Saturday, September 26, 2015



Reflection for EDAD 536 9/26 Class
Bill Gates once said, "Technology is just a tool.  In terms of getting the kids working together and motivating them, the teacher is the most important. Today's class has really helped to shed light on the area that I feel as an instructional leader is in need of of my full attention.  As I start to lead the charge of infusing technology into our building, I can't help but feel that I'm behind the eight ball by building and flying the plane at the time time. I agree that teachers are the most important factor in educating children, but technology is the future.   


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comments, Erica! I know our school district is on a "hellish" pace in our Future Ready rollout, and you'll be jumping into this within the next two years. It's my hope that the magic that happens with kids and good teachers in the classroom still is the "sauce" that we encourage. Technology can help that sauce in so many ways, but it's still about skilled and engaged teachers who know their kids and create the magic! Great to have you in class this Fall, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This all begs the question, what is the most effective recipe? Teachers are the most important factor and technology is our future. Marrying the two is complicated, how do we do this artfully, authentically, and sustainably?

    ReplyDelete